Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love is in the Air~

Tonight we had a Valentine Banquet at our church and it was a wonderful evening!
This is what we walked into....

Kim & Hillary transformed our fellowship hall for a fun night


We sat a table with Karen & Greg, Rhonda & Steve, and Brian & Deborah~
The food was delicious! I went off my diet to enjoy a little of the lasagna, penne', marinated green beans, and Caesar salad. I avoided the garlic knots and cheesecake-although I really wanted some of them. It was catered by Bella Napoli in Largo-great place to eat if this food is any indication.
So, after the dinner they asked who had been married the longest. It was Doc & Joan-58 1/2 years! An amazing couple who are godly examples of  happily ever after!
The other game they played was...the Newlywed game and guess who's table they chose. That's right-ours...why? They said it was a "fun table"! Great! So the guys had 5 questions and then we had 5 questions.
Some were funny and others easy but some were hard! What was the first dinner I cooked when we were married (we did have same answer-chicken). Who is better with the finances? I knew he would say him :)
Well, guess who won? Bill & I did!!! We had 9 out of 10!! We won a bag of truffles! After the game Pastor Andy gave a short challenge out of Ephesians 5 and the evening concluded.
I think everyone enjoyed themselves! I know we did!









No comments:

Post a Comment