Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday!!

Oreo turned 100 this year and they are celebrating this month-well, isn't that special-the same month as my birthday!! Robin bought me a package today and included a bottle of milk to go with it! What could possibly be better than that?

I shared them with the rest of the office and we enjoyed an afternoon snack. I decided to poll the office to find out how people eat their Oreos. I eat mine 2 different ways-one...I dunk mine in my milk until it is soaked in and then eat my cookie and wash it down with some more milk!
The other way I eat them is to pull one side off and eat it-cookie alone and then eat the other side with the creme on it. Mike and Charlie also agree that it's the only way to eat their Oreos. Robin pulls hers apart and scrapes the creme off to eat first and then eats the cookie.
It doesn't really matter how you eat your Oreo, just that you enjoy them! It's one of the favorite cookies in our house!
Next time you are at the store-grab a bag of Oreos and a container of milk and enjoy a snack as you take One Day at a Time!
Just a neat fact from the Bible. Oreos are celebrating 100 but there was a man in the Bible that lived a lot longer that 100.
Methuselah was the oldest man on record and is talked about in Genesis 5:26-27:
"When Methuselah had lived 187 years, he fathered Lamech. Methuselah lived after he fathered Lamech 782 years and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Methuselah were 969 years, and he died."
Can you imagine? Living one day at a time for 969 years? That is almost 354,000 days! That is a long time. I have to believe that he lived his life with God in his life and on his mind since his dad was Enoch and he is noted for walking with the Lord. He was the one that God took to heaven without Enoch dying. It doesn't matter if we live 25 years or 100 years but each one should be lived for Christ..
Philippians 1:21
"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain."






No comments:

Post a Comment