Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Insurance

We went to Clearwater tonight to have dinner with family. My husband's aunt and her daughter and granddaughter are visiting from Texas and we have not seen them for a year, so it was nice to be able to see them and catch up.
We had fun laughing over stories told about the past. We also talked a little about what my sister-in-law has been learning in her classes. She is working on her insurance license. We all have some type of insurance. We have health and home and car and life. How do you describe insurance? The definition has a couple of different meanings:
: coverage by contract whereby one party undertakes to indemnify or guarantee another against loss by a specified contingency or peril
 : the sum for which something is insured
: a means of guaranteeing protection or safety 
She made a comment that insurance is tied to just about everything. It will pop up in different aspects in a lot of different topics. I thought of how so many people don't have insurance. There are those that drive without insurance. There are others that can't afford medical insurance. What I thought about was that there is an insurance that is available to everyone equally and doesn't exclude anyone. It doesn't cost anything financially-it only takes repentance on your part. The sum for which something is insured-I am worth so much that Christ gave His life on the cross for me. He guarantees my protection. He has promised that He will never leave me or forsake me.
Hebrews 13:5  
... and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 


I'm talking about eternal security when you accept Christ as your personal Savior. I am so thankful that I don't have to worry. Once I am saved I am always saved. 
Christ paid the price-he totally covers the insurance policy and I am so thankful. I can live one day at a time knowing that nothing take away my salvation. 
John 10:28-29
   And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
   My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment