Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, June 25, 2012

Clean & Ready for Occupancy

This picture reminds me of an illustration of what my heart might look like when Christ knocked and I opened for Him to come in.

This is the rental house we manage for friends. The past renters just moved out and so we had to go in and be sure it was cleaned for new renter to move in. We had the entire inside repainted and it gives such a fresh look. We made sure all the appliances are cleaned and mopped the floors-clean and ready for occupancy.


I love looking at a home when it is like this because I could picture how it would look decorated. When it is clean it's appealing and says-'I'm ready for you-move in.' 
When I was unsaved my heart was considered "dark with sin". Then, when I confessed my sin and asked Christ to be my Savior, He washed it "white as snow" and it was clean and ready for occupancy.
When we have sin in our lives, Christ can't have fellowship with us. There is a wall, as such, between us.
1 Samuel 15:25 
"Now therefore, I pray thee, pardon my sin, and turn again with me, that I may worship the LORD."
I cannot stand living in a dirty house. I like to have my rooms straightened, my dishes washed, and my floors swept. I like to have clean clothes to wear and clean sheets on my bed and clean towels for my shower.  Yet, sometimes we let sin creep into our lives and start to take over and we let it. We become complacent in our devotion life and don't spend the time we need to praying. We may think that it isn't anything that will affect us but don't be fooled-it WILL!! It may start off subtly but it will eventually take over and change you. There is no such thing as one little sin. Sin is sin is sin-no degree or little white vs. big black lie!
Romans 6:1-2
"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
   God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"
We don't have to live in sin. Christ has given us the ultimate sacrifice and we can overcome!
1 John 4:4  
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."
Life is so much better definitely a joy when it is lived one day at a time as God intended.







No comments:

Post a Comment