Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, June 29, 2012

Hands Folded in Prayer

(Guest photo credit to Austin G.)
Who do you talk to when things aren't going right? Who do you turn to when you are overwhelmed or tired or in pain? Who is the first one you tell exciting news to? You may have answered...your spouse or your best friend or sister or brother or parent. Those are good answers but the best answer would have been...God.
May I introduce you to my very best friend. He has never left me or forsaken me...just like He promised.
Hebrews 13:5b
"...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
He is always there to listen to me. It doesn't matter what time of day or where I am.
 Psalm 17:6  
"I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: "
Psalm 5:3  
"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."
God wants to hear about everything-it doesn't matter how big or how small. It is all important to Him.  
God is the one who has blessed us with all that we have. We would be nothing without Him. He created us and placed us here and has blessed us with our material blessings-homes, cars, jobs, and family-just to name a few. 
Ephesians 1:3  
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"
I love to listen to children pray. They don't have preconceived notions. They pray from their heart. I strive to continue to be like that with my God.
We are told in I Thessalonians 5:18-"Pray without ceasing."
I look at it as an open phone line all the time. I can stop and talk to Him about anything-it can be short or long and involved. He is always there to hear-morning or night. 
Psalm 55:17  
"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice." 

He never misses a word and He always cares.
1 Peter 5:7  
"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
It thrills my heart to have this assurance because there are times when my heart feels so heavy and I can't share with anyone else-He is there and cares. There are times when I am so excited and no one is around to hear me-He is there and hears.
Psalm 54:2  
"Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth." 

Don't ever take it for granted or let it become a rarity for you. Pray so often that it becomes totally natural for you to stop and talk to God-telling Him whatever is on  your heart as you live one day at a time.
The first prayer He hears is your salvation prayer-acknowledging your sin ,asking for forgiveness, and believing that He has saved you! After that, if there is unconfessed sin in your life, it has caused static over your prayer line and you need to confess it and clear it up so the phone line is open for communication between you & God again. He desires to hear from you. He talks about that in the Bible when He was talking about Israel in 2 Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
It is the same for us today.  I never grow tired of talking to my God. I love to sing to Him, pray scripture back to Him, and just sit and commune with Him. The greatest privilege is when someone asks me to pray for them. Have you taken the time today to pray?







No comments:

Post a Comment