Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Peace




Don't you love to watch little ones sleep? When most of them are awake they are so busy...talking and running and just go..go..go! But when they sleep they just look so...peaceful!


A lot of us live our lives in the fast lane, go, go, go! We always have something to do or some place to be. Are you ever just quiet and sit and meditate with and on the Lord? 
Psalm 46:10 
"Be still, and know that I am God:"
That takes time. We have to make the time. But it is so worth it when we do. My day goes so much better.
When we are quiet on a regular basis with our Lord then when things come up that are tumultuous, we can have the peace that only God can give us.
Isaiah 26:3  
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."
Just because we are Christians doesn't mean we will have a rosy, problem-free life. But it does mean we can know that God is in control and will help us through it.
 1 Corinthians 10:13  
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
Any by having God's peace I can know that I can be content in whatever state I am in-just like Paul wrote about in Philippians 4:11:
"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
1 Timothy 6:6 
"But godliness with contentment is great gain." This is something each of us can work on one day at a time and encourage each other with at the same time.
 I'll close with the words of a song that came to my mind about this by William Cornell..."Peace, peace, wonderful peace, coming down from the Father above. Sweep over my spirit, forever I pray, in fathomless billows of love."






No comments:

Post a Comment