Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, June 18, 2012

Sing ♪♫♪

I love to sing! I sing when I'm driving. I sing while I'm working. I sing while I'm cooking and especially when I'm cleaning. Music is a wonderful gift that God gave us.  We are told numerous times in the Bible to sing. 
1 Chronicles 16:9 
"Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works."
Some songs are empty and the words don't mean anything. I love to sing scripture because it means that I am reciting God's Word.
1 Chronicles 16:23  
"Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation."
There are so many wonderful reasons to be able to sing and one is for the salvation that he has given.
Psalm 13:6 
"I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. "
I have so much to sing about-God is so amazing and I am so thankful for all He has blessed me with-a wonderful, Christian husband, 2 children I love, a job that provides, a beautiful home, a wonderful church family, so many amazing friends, and the list goes on and on.

Psalm 30:12  
"To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever."

Psalm 71:23  
"My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed."
You can sing and just sing the words and not really show it in your face and it's just a song. Or you can sing from your heart and it shows through your facial expressions and the message will come through and minister to those whom you are singing.



These two pictures show just a couple of groups that sing in our church. The top is a men's group that sound amazing together. The bottom picture is our choir.
Psalm 92:1  
"IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH: "
Even when your heart is heavy or when your day may not being going quite as you planned...Sing!! It can change your attitude and mood-especially if you are singing praise to God! Take the focus off of yourself  and sing to Him!!
Some can't sing quite on key-that's ok-sing anyways!!
Psalm 98:4  
"Make a joyful noise (it doesn't say it has to be on key) unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise."
We are told to praise God and we can do that in song because if we don't the very rocks will cry out!
Luke 19:38-40:
 shouting:
   “BLESSED IS THE KING WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD; 
Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
He deserves our songs! He is worthy of what we can sing and so much more!
   Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.” But Jesus answered, “I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!” 
So, sing, sing, sing-keep a song in your heart one day at a time!!
Ephesians 5:19  
"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;"















No comments:

Post a Comment