Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, June 14, 2012

What are you known for?

So I am on my third day in the Windy City and it has definitely been a memorable trip! The weather has been gorgeous and I have enjoyed all of the sights. The city is clean and friendly and I have felt very safe while walking. This morning we took the rental car back to the airport and rode the train into the city to our hotel. We are staying at the Chicago Hilton on Michigan Avenue!


This hotel was put on the map when Harrison Ford filmed part of the Fugitive here. As soon as we checked in we went downstairs and took a tour of the Grand Ballroom-yep-that’s where the scene was shot! It is a beautiful room!

After settling in, we got our walking shoes on and proceeded down Michigan Avenue to spend the afternoon. Bill had not been down the Magnificent Mile in about 14 years so I was able to share where I had visited yesterday. We had a nice leisurely time. We spent some time in Grant Park, eating our hotdogs that we got for lunch, listening to the free music in the amphitheater behind us, and people watching. This is also the location of the famous “Bean”. So we took a few pictures.

As we continued down the street we came upon a group of cameras and a girl who appeared to be a model. I told Bill maybe she was modeling for Nordstrom, the store across the street. Who knows, maybe we will see her in an ad or on television.

We saw some famous things today that Chicago is known for…the Bean statue, the shopping strand, and the hotel we are staying and I wondered…what am I known for? If people say my name to someone else what comes to their mind? Am I known for kindness and helpfulness? Is my testimony one that is untarnished? Am I a go-getter and organized and willing to take on a project from start to finish. I hope that all of these things and more can be said of me. I want to be one that emulates Christ. I want to be known as one that cares and takes the time to listen and pray and help where I can. I want to be known as a cheerful worker and giver and God lover!
God’s Word tells us that we shall be known by our works.
I Corinthians 3:13 tells us that one day “Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.”
 As we live one day at a time, what are you known for? Are they godly character qualities or are they ones that you would be embarrassed about it someone actually pointed them out to you? You can change. God gives us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us so that He can guide us. He also gives us His Word-
Psalm 119:105-“The Word is a lamp unto my feet and I light unto my path.”
Psalm 119:11-“Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.”
My prayer is that my life and yours as well, will be ones that will be known for godly things while we are still here on earth and after we are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment