Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, June 22, 2012

Your View



The top three photos are ones that I was able to take from the John Hancock Observatory in Chicago. What a view!


These two pictures are taken from the 103 floor of the Willis Tower-on the other side of town in Chicago! Also an amazing view. On a clear day like that day you could see 4 states from walking around the viewing floor and looking out the windows. It's all in the perspective. You can see so many buildings and areas that you can't see from street level. When you are walking down the street you can only see so far in front of you. From up above you can see quite a large viewing area. Sometimes as humans we get lost in the perspective. We can only see so much and we don't take in the larger picture. I'm thankful that God doesn't give me the whole plan all at once or I would be overwhelmed. He only gives us as much as we can bear at the time. But how we respond to the view He gives us makes all the difference. Are your responses always negative? 
Psalm 42:5  
"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." 

Do you look for the bad things that might happen or are you thankful for what God has brought you through?
Psalm 35:18  
"I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people." 

 There will always be a negative side but you don't have to live your life looking at that view. God has made it so that we live our lives one day at a time and it is a lot more productive to let God have in control and know that He has my best in mind.
 Job 23:10:
   "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
I also want to say that you will only see as much as you want. Not to be obtuse but what I mean is: If you are willing to lean on God and let Him lead you then your view will be amazing. He will open up a world to you where you can reach out to those around you and share the gospel. If you are self-absorbed then your view is focused on yourself and you will be sorely disappointed at the end of your life when you realize how much you lost out on. As long as you remain here on earth you have the opportunity to change your view (and I don't mean that you can change your address).  Take the opportunity!



No comments:

Post a Comment