Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, July 19, 2012

O Give Thanks unto the Lord

I am so thankful that film was invented. Digital photography is a wonderful upgrade!
I love having pictures of family and friends all over my house.




 I love taking pictures. I love spending time with family and friends.  I  also love to spend time talking to God in prayer. Having pictures out where I see them often keeps them on my mind and I can pray for them.  I have been reading through the Bible and have come across scripture about prayer
Psalm 105:1
"O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people."
Psalm 106:1
"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever."

Philippians 1:3
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,"
Psalm 55:16
"As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me."
Psalm 145:18
"The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth."
I pray for family and friends as they come to my mind or as I talk with them or if I know that they are going through a difficult time. I also praise the Lord when something exciting happens in their life.
There are times in our lives that we go through trials and being able to talk to the Lord about it is comforting. God is always there. He never sleeps.
Psalm 121:3
"He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber."
We can talk to him at 11 in the morning or at 3 a.m. It doesn't matter. He never goes on vacation or takes the phone off the hook.
Family and friends will let us down at one time or another because we are only human. Thanks be to God for His unshakable character and His inability to sin! As we live one day at a time strive to spend more time in prayer and start off with thanking God for all the blessing He has given us. 
Psalm 9:1
"I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works."

I am thankful for my salvation and godly heritage that He blessed me with-2 parents that love the Lord and serve Him.
I am thankful for a wonderful christian husband who loves me, provides for our family, and is a wonderful father.
I am thankful for two children who have professed salvation at an early age and are growing up into wonderful adults. 
I am thankful for a great church-a godly pastor and family and a lot of great Christian friends to worship with on a weekly basis.
I am thankful for so many Christian friends to spend time with or talk to by phone or be able to keep in touch by letters.
I am thankful for a beautiful home and transportation and job...and the list goes on and on...
and then I know that I can pour out the burdens of my heart to Him as well-I can ask for forgiveness to clear the slate and restore the fellowship between God and I and then I am able to bring all my requests to Him.
Psalm 51:1-7
"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
Take time to pray! And pray for your family and friends. It is one of the highest privileges to be able to pray for someone.





No comments:

Post a Comment