Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, July 30, 2012

When you Walk Through the Fire


It's so neat when God works in our own life and so encouraging when others share how God has worked in their lives as well. 
Because of social networking we are connected to a lot of people that otherwise we may not have contact with for years at a time. I love being able to keep in touch, to pray for needs and burdens that others have, and be able to rejoice when God answers!
We, as Christians, know that while we live here on earth we will go through trials.
Isaiah 43:2
"When thou passes through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."
But we know that God will not give us more than we can handle. I do believe though that the trials will be challenging though because in order to grow more like Christ we need to lean on Him through them all and learn from them.
My life verse is Job 23:10-"For He knows the way that I take, when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
No one wants to be put in a "fire". I don't' know anyone that says, "Bring on the next trial!"
But the only way that gold can be purified is to be put into the fire. We must go through to come out purer.
I am in awe of the aspect of God as the Refiner. I am thankful that He doesn't give up on me and continues to guide and direct me as I live one day at a time, through the fiery trials. And I continue to be amazed at what we become as we allow God to mold us and make us into who He wants us to be.
The Refiners Fire 
by Steve Green
"There burns a fire with sacred heat
White hot with holy flame
And all who dare pass through its blaze
Will not emerge the same
Some as bronze, and some as silver
Some as gold, then with great skill
All are hammered by their sufferings
On the anvil of His will.
The Refiner's fire
Has now become my souls desire
Purged and cleansed and purified
That the Lord be glorified
He is consuming my soul
Refining me, making me whole
No matter what I may lose
I choose the Refiner's fire.
I'm learning now to trust His touch
To crave the fire's embrace
For though my past with sin was etched
His mercies did erase
Each time His purging cleanses deeper
I'm not sure that I'll survive
Yet the strength in growing weaker
Keeps my hungry soul alive"




No comments:

Post a Comment