Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Collecting & Keeping Your Thoughts

I love journals~
Over the years and recently I have had friends that have bought me a journal and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I have kept travel journals, journals with poems that I have written, and journals that have carried my thoughts about certain events that have taken place in my life throughout the years. 
Journals can be a great companion. There are times when you want to remember a special time or event and being able to write it all down, you can go back later and relive it again. Plus, as time goes by you may forget certain things until you read it and it sparks a memory.
I have also kept a prayer journal. I have written specific prayers out. I love having scripture written out that you can pray. Making a list of prayer requests is good too so that you remember what to pray for but more exciting is when you are able to go back and place the answer to prayer next to it with a date. God is still a God who answers prayer.
I have enjoyed writing letters to my children from the time that they were born-putting them in an envelope and dating them. It includes special things that have taken place in the past year. I will give them to each of my kids at some point in their adult life so that they can hopefully sit and read and remember and enjoy.
A journal can be where you write down your thoughts on different subjects-maybe dreams you have for your life or job or children or future. It can be a safe place where you unload your feelings when you are sad or angry. It is encouraging to look back and read some entries and find how I have changed and matured since then. Even as I write I realize that I can have all the words in the world but I need to be sure that my life is being lived to honor and glorify God. I may have difference of opinions with those around me and things may not always go my way but I need to live my life with Christ as the focus. 
Colossians 3:17
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Isaiah 55:8-9
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Take a moment as we live one day at a time to put some our your thoughts down on paper (or maybe in a file on your computer) so that those in your family, future generations, will be able to look back and learn a little bit more about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment