Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall In and Be Thankful


I set up my fall decorations by Labor Day weekend so that I can enjoy them until Thanksgiving-the entire fall season. When you think of fall what comes to your mind? Beautiful trees full of color, piles of leaves for children to jump in, displays of pumpkins ready for carving and pies and roasting the seeds, rows of apples-yellow and red ready for carmel and bobbing. Do you like this time of year? I do because it includes Thanksgiving-a season to be thankful. What are you thankful for? I believe that if I sat down and started my list I could fill an entire book with all the blessings God has given me. As I live one day at a time, I try to start each of my days with a prayer of thankfulness and praise to God-my Creator and Savior.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
Colossians 3:15-17 
"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 4:2
"Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;"
Thankful
For days with rain or shining sun, I am thankful
For family dear and friends so near, I am thankful
For health to work and jobs supplied, I am thankful
For local church and God's Word to hear, I am thankful
For all He's given and supplied, I am thankful. ~by LLD



No comments:

Post a Comment