Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Was There...Were You?

It's the middle of the week. If you are anything like me, today can be a good day or it may be a difficult day. But it means that you have made it half-way through the week and only have a couple more days until the weekend. It means another thing to me though. Sunday we spend our day in our local church. We have Sunday School-my husband is the teacher of the under 30 group-it's my favorite part of the day! We then have our morning service, where I sing in the choir and take part in special music before listening to Pastor Andy preach from God's Word. We enjoy our afternoon at home before going back for choir practice and then into our A.W.A.N.A. program where I work with the third-sixth grade kids. It's a great start to my week-hearing from God's Word, worshiping God in prayer and song, and being able to fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ.
Psalm 122:1
" I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
Then, the work week begins and the pressures of the world and life attack me. I am thrilled to find refuge on Wednesday night---at church.
Hebrews 10:23-25
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.  And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."
We live one day at a time. I need fuel to make it through my week. It's wonderful and helps to have our Pastor share God's Word and then be able to spend time in prayer with other believers. 
If you aren't in the habit of going to church on Wednesday night, why not? Too tired -you will be refreshed after sitting under God's Word. Too busy-you will make time for the things that are important to you.
Wednesday night is one of the most important times to be at your church. Our founding pastor always told us that 'As a church moves forward, it moves forward on its' knees'. Time in prayer. There are situations that will keep you from church-some are not able to be there because of their mobility or health. Keep them lifted up in prayer and keep in touch with them to encourage them-"considering them". 
Church attendance may not be popular and events in the world may try to compete but God will bless your faithfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment