Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, September 27, 2012

If the Shoe Fits..

Yet another idiom...I have said in the past that our English language is full of them. I believe that those from other countries that come and try to learn our language must be so confused. I know there is a television show where one of the characters always says some part of an idiom incorrectly and has to have it explained to her.
'If the shoe fits, wear it' What is the meaning behind it? It means If it applies to you, take it to heart.
Shoes come in many different shapes and sizes and colors. Most women have more shoes than men. I love to buy shoes-especially if they are on sale! Shoes become part of your outfit and have to look just right in order to wear them out.
I have a collection of  "Just the Right shoe". They are miniatures of the right shoe! They are fun to look at and show just a smidgen of how many different types are out there.

So, if someone was to give a description of a 'real' christian-one who follows after Christ in all aspects of 'his' life-'his' walk and talk-could they say to you-the shoe fits?! As I live my life, one day at a time, I want to be known as different. That may seem odd to say-most of the time we try to 'fit in' with everyone else-we wear the same fashions and go to the same places, talk the same talk and have the same "stuff", but we should stand out. God talks about this in His Word.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?  And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?  And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them And walk among them.
I will be their God, And they shall be My people.”
 Therefore “Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.”
Remember, this world is not our home (there is a song about this, are you singing it?) we are just passing through. God has a wonderful place He is preparing for us and one day we will be with Him in heaven for eternity. Be different in a good way so that those around you want to know why you are different-so they will want what you have-eternal salvation that can come only through Christ-and will change your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment