Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, October 11, 2012

An Apple a Day

Tonight at our ladies' night out we had an apple dessert contest and my apple toffee dip tied for first!
It was fun and we had some great desserts to eat.
We all know and I'm sure have repeated the saying...'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'!
We know that the meaning behind that phrase means that eating healthy ie. an apple would help us stay healthy so that we wouldn't have to visit a doctor. A lot of times, as I go through my life just living one day at at time, I don't take the time to think about those type of things. I'm busy and I may not always eat healthy and exercise. There are other things that I do each day that sort of get done on autopilot-like taking out and cleaning my contacts, brushing my teeth, and taking off my makeup. My spiritual walk could also go on autopilot and just ride along without any effort if I didn't put the time into it that is needed so that I can grow. Read God's Word each day and spend some time and pray. If we fill our physical body with "junk food" we become sluggish and sick and gain weight. It is the same with our spiritual walk. If we live in the world and fill our mind with "the junk" on television and in worldly books only then we won't have our focus on Christ and our relationship with Him.
Psalm 119:105
"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path."
Micah 6:8
"He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly,
To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?"
Mark 12:30
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

Isaiah 40:29-31
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;  but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be fain."
Do right even when you don't feel like doing it. Set aside time each day to read your Bible and spend time in prayer. It takes at least 3 weeks to establish a new habit. Good habits can be challenging to continue and bad habits are hard to break but you can do it in the power of Christ.
Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

No comments:

Post a Comment