Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Great Pumpkin

Do you remember the Charlie Brown special about the Great Pumpkin? I loved Charlie Brown but I never really liked that episode-not really sure why. I guess it sounded a little silly and I never celebrated Halloween when I was growing up so it wasn't really relevant to me.
But, I love pumpkins! I love when the autumn season arrives and pumpkins are harvested. They are a unique gourd that have so many different shapes and sizes (kind of like people) :)
I think my favorite part of the pumpkin is when you open it up and get out the seeds, wash them, dry them, salt them, and roast them in the oven! Yum!!
One of the traditions that many people have is to carve pumpkins. There are so many different designs that can be applied to a pumpkin. After carving a design most people put a light inside so that the design is evident to everyone that sees it.
I remember reading this poem and seeing a neat object lesson between Christians and pumpkins.
As we live one day at a time are we able to be compared to this pumpkin-allowing ourselves to be carved into a "new person" to be more like Christ and let His light shine? Whatever we do in our lives we should point people to Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment