Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Family & Friends at Christmas

Today we enjoyed brunch with friends that have been connected and intertwined in my life from the time I was born. They have been blessings in my life as we grew up in the church and having their lifelong friendship is something that I do not want to take for granted.  There are no guarantees for a tomorrow. A sad and senseless tragedy took place this week in another part of the United States and many people are asking why and trying to deal with the pain and sorrow. I believe that Christ is soon returning. From the day that Adam and Eve sinned the world has continued on a path of destruction. God saw fit to send his Son a little over 2000 years ago and made a way of escape for us. Our country was initially established on godly principles, but the natural man turns away from God.
I Corinthians 2:14
"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."
Many people know the saying-there are only two absolutes in life-death and taxes. I am so thankful that there is another absolute and that is God. He is always there. He is still in control. He is not confused by what happened. He has not lost His power. In times like these-turn to Him-rest in Him. I know for sure that if I were to die-I would be with my Savior immediately in Heaven-praise the Lord-for to be absent from the body means to be present with the Lord. Can you say the same? If you do not know or are not sure-you can be tonight-acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner and cannot save yourself. Accept His gift of salvation and believe in Him. Confess your sins and you too can be assured of a home in Heaven.
Romans 10:9
"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."



No comments:

Post a Comment