Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, December 14, 2012

Just A Few of my Favorite Things...



One of the songs in the Sound of Music is used a lot at Christmas time is 'My Favorite Things'. I am thankful all year long but since we have just gone through the Thanksgiving season and my daughter just got home tonight from college I could go through my entire list again of those that are in my life that are just a few of my favorite things. During the Christmas season I love Christmas trees and singing carols and making Christmas cookies with my kids and shopping for my family and friends. My husband and children and my parents are just a few of my favorite things. I love to listen to music, read a book, and talk on the phone to a friend. As I live one day at a time, I think of my salvation and singing of heaven and memorizing bible verses-these are a few of my favorite things. What are some of your favorite things? Do they lift you up? encourage you? cause you to praise the Lord?
Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."



No comments:

Post a Comment