Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, December 3, 2012

Name Dropping

I saw a blurb about this and I couldn't pass up the topic. Name dropping...what's in a name? If you were with friends and someone said that they had been to Michael Jordan's house there would be a lot of ooohhh and ahhing and disbelief and questions about how it was. Why? Because he is a sports icon and is popular and rich and people think it would be amazing to meet him. It would be the same to say that if you met or personally knew the president or any other iconic figure in today's entertainment or sports world.

 A lot of times people drop names because they want to be the center of conversation and thought highly of and made important because of WHO they know. But you know what? It doesn't really matter to a lot of people. Yes, if you name drop it may advance your career a little or get certain doors opened for you but you had better be able to advance on your own qualifications because you can't always ride on the coattails of another person. There are people that feel very insecure and they feel better if they continually let people know about their associations. In the end, what will last? Who you know or how you have lived your life one day at a time? There is a name that is important and I love to be associated with it-the name of Jesus Christ. He is my best friend. Sadly, to many people He is not considered important but to me He holds the key to my future. I want to be one that is always talking of Him and sharing His name with all of those I come in contact with.
I would also love to be known as a person that is always name dropping....your name-to God in prayer!
Philemon 1:4
"I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers"
Isn't that an amazing thought? I am humbled each time I find out that others have been praying for me. As humans we sometimes think a little too highly of ourselves. There are many things for which we need prayer and we should be willing to ask to be remembered. I know that a lot of times when there were trials or difficulties in my life, I was so thankful for those that were praying for me. Those prayers encouraged and uplifted me as I continued on my walk.
Be a name dropper. Take time to pray for others-all the time-to our Father-because He already knows all about us!
Isaiah 43:11
"But now thus sayeth the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel; fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine.
John 10:14
"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own."

No comments:

Post a Comment