Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hands-Young vs. Mature

I love how God brings things to my mind and then I look for a picture to take to go with my thoughts. Then after I take the picture I put my thoughts together to put down here.
I used 2 different models for this blog.
 Have you ever looked in God's Word at all the different references on hands?! 
Look at these sweet little hands that belong to a sweet little girl~
These hands hold onto her mama and her dad and her big sisters. These hands dress herself and feed herself and play during the day. I also know that these hands fold in prayer to God.
One verse that I like about hands is:
Psalm 134:2 
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. 


We can lift our hands in prayer and praise to God anywhere, at any time and at any age.
I look at this other set of hands of my "southern mama" and think of all the years of work and prayer time she has put in during her lifetime. It reminds me of another great passage in God's Word:

Proverb 31: 13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
Proverbs 31:16
She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:19
She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Proverbs 31:20
She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
Proverbs 31:31
Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.


What do your hands say about you? Are they still youthful but can be seen lifted up to God in praise?
Are they more mature and show the years of work and prayer and praise given to God over the years?
One other great statement made about hands pertains to eternal security and that is the verse that says that we as Christians are being held in our Father's hands and no man can pluck them out of His hands.

John 10:29 
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Isn't that an amazing picture? Safe and secure.

God gave us two hands so that we can raise them in praise to our creator and fold them in prayer to Him as well, One Day at a Time~

No comments:

Post a Comment