Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

H♥ppy V♥lentine's D♥y

Today is a holiday that is celebrated by many, bemoaned by a few, and loved by the florists!!
As I think about the past Valentine's days that I have celebrated I think of the different perspectives on the same day.
 When I was little I loved to give and get valentine's from my school mates. As an adult I still love to make and give Valentines-this year we made valentines for our college kids, JW's teachers, my co-workers, and my AWANA kids in T-n-T. I don't believe you are ever to old to give or get a valentine. It's a small way to let someone know you care.

 As a teenager I loved to get valentines from the boy I was "in love" with at the time!! ;)
Since I've been married I love to get valentines from my husband and now my children. This morning I woke up to a dozen roses and a balloon from my sweetie!!

But as we think about all the different valentines that we may have gotten over the years, I would be remiss if I did not mention the most important valentine ever given. God gave us his Son, who is our ultimate Valentine. He gave his life for us so that we can have eternal life. If you are reading this and have not accepted Him as your personal Valentine message me and I would be happy to share with you how that can happen. John 3:16 is the best verse to show God's Valentine to us:
       "For God so loVed the world,
that He gAve
  His onLy
 begpttEn
    SoN,
                             That whosoever
 believeth In Him
          should Not perish,
               but have Everlasting life."

God is someone who will love you no matter what, no matter when, no matter who and no matter where you are One Day at a Time!! Open His valentine and accept the gift. Happy Valentine's Day from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment