Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, February 24, 2012

Life is a Concert! ♪♫

Tonight was the warm-up concert at C.C.S. put on in preparation for competition next month.
It was a wonderful evening of vocal and instrumental music put on by the junior high and senior high students.

Ben played a Mozart piece on the tuba. He also sang a solo and a duet with Sydney.

Both bands played as well as a large and small ensemble.

It made me think of how many times music is mentioned in the bible. God created music and gave us the ability to make all these different instruments that can be played solo or together to make some beautiful music.

 1 Chronicles 16:23
Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.

Psalm 33:3 
Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. 
Psalm 104:33 
I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 
These are just a few references that talk of singing or music. I agree with David the Psalmist and say that I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live.




No comments:

Post a Comment