Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reading is FUN! I do it a TON!

March 2 is Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel's 108th birthday!! Most of us know him as Dr. Seuss or Zoice as his family pronounced it!
March 2 will be celebrated as Read Across America.
Target started celebrating today by putting up a small area for the kids to come and listen to a Target employee read a lot of Dr. Seuss' books!
I think we have almost every one of his books! I remember reading them to my kids and then to the little ones that I babysat. They are fun because they rhyme, the stories are funny, and the pictures are colorful!
The Lorax has been made into a movie and will be released on his birthday this next week. Dr. Seuss was concerned about "mindless progress" a long time before "going green" became popular. 
I have to say...I love Whoville and I watch "The Grinch who stole Christmas" every year.
Take a moment this week
 even if you have to seek,
 For a Dr. Seuss book-it deserves a look!
Sit on the couch-don't be a slouch,
Enjoy the rhyming-it's all in the timing.
Read them all-Everyone likes them from the old to the small!!

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss a couple days early!! I think I will pull out Green Eggs and Ham to read-yes I will-Sam I am! And just sit enjoy it one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment