Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Do you care?

I took this picture tonight when J.W. helped me in the nursery. We had this one sweet little guy. I wasn't sure what my topic would be or what I wanted to talk about because of it. I could talk about how as we get older there are always the younger ones that look up to us. It should make us reflect on our actions and attitudes wherever we are or whatever we are doing. He loved J.W.-he would run at him and hug him around the legs calling him "Ja"! Just showing a little concern or genuine compassion to someone can make a big difference. We are to show the love of Christ to those around us.
You could also talk about how as we raise our children we need to raise them to be loving, caring human beings that show compassion to others. This can be done by raising our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord one day at a time, teaching them the Bible, from passages like Deuteronomy 6: 5-7:
  5And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
   6And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
   7And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Or I could just talk about how it is 2 boys having fun drawing together!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment