Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, May 14, 2012

As the Deer...


As we were driving through a neighborhood the other night we came across this deer standing next to the street. He wasn't afraid of the car and allowed me to take a few good pictures of him. I realize when I decided to post this picture that I correlate a lot of my pictures to songs! I love to sing! What's even better is when I get to sing songs that are written from scripture. And that is exactly where this song comes from.

As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after thee. You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship Thee. You alone are my strength my shield, to You alone may my spirit yield. You alone are my heart's desire.
Psalm 42:1  " As the deer panteth for the water brooks, so panteth my soul for Thee, O God. "
I love where we live-we have a lot of wildlife that still is visible in our neighborhoods. It reminds me of all the   varieties of animals that God created.
Then I think of what the verse says and ask you the same question-Do you "long after the Savior"? My desire is that the more time I spend in His Word and talking to Him the more I will want. My prayer is that we are never satisfied-that we always thirst for more. I am reading the Bible through chronologically and am loving it. I have learned so much more and have been able to see how the different books fit together in the history of the Bible. Challenge yourself and strive to be closer to the Lord each day of your life, one day at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment