Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love Them Even in the Little Things

Sometimes it's just the little things in life, like a warm chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk, to make a good day even better.
 It only took a few minutes out of my night to pop these cookies into the oven and have a plate full for my family to enjoy. It's just a small thing to show my family that I love them. They love chocolate chip cookies and I want them to know that I love them enough to know some of their favorite things and am willing to make them for  them. Do we take the time to get to know the likes and dislikes of our family? I try to make one dinner a week that is either my husband's or one of my kid's favorite meals. Have you thought about how your family would feel if you always cooked just what you wanted or only bought grocery items that you wanted? I don't want to be selfish-I want to love my family and put their needs and wants in front of my own. Just like Christ did for me! He left Heaven and came down to live life on earth so that He could know all the things that I have gone through. He then died on the cross for my sins-He didn't have to do that -He could have been selfish and stayed in Heaven and we could all die in our sins, but He didn't and I am so thankful!
Philippians 2 :5-11
 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
   6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
   7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
   8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
   9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
   10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
   11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Take a moment and let your family know that you love them one day at a time, in word and in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment