Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Slow & Steady to the Finish

A couple of weeks ago I was able to go and walk the beach one evening. While walking along the sand I came upon this turtle nest.

A mama turtle has the instinct given to her by God to lay her eggs in the sand. After incubation the eggs hatch and the little turtles make their way to the ocean. Most turtles are not known for their speed. We all know the fable of the turtle and the hare. The turtle was slow but steady and he finished the race.  This is how I should be in my life and walk. My life is compared in the Bible to a race. Christ's desire is that I finish "the race" strong. 

2 Timothy 4:7 
I have fought the good fight,  I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
Hebrews 12:1 
[ Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith ] Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
Patience, endurance, faithfulness, and commitment are just some of the qualities that we should  practice. The race won't be complete until we reach heaven and we must continue to run until that time. Be faithful and consistent and keep running!





No comments:

Post a Comment