Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Do you enjoy taking pictures? Do you post them around your home?  
Why do we take pictures? Why do we use the adage "a picture's worth a thousand words"?
The saying has been defined as a notion that a complex idea can be conveyed with a single still image.
You take a picture to have a memory. You can look back at that picture and it tells an entire story.
I love pictures!! I love to take pictures so that not only I but all of those that were with me can have a tangible memory.
My mind takes me a couple of different directions with this picture.
I love this verse:
Proverbs 25:11
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."
What we say and how we say it can leave quite an impression. Some people are wonderful story tellers. When they tell a story they are descriptive in their words and you can "picture" it clearly in your mind. Christ was a wonderful story teller. He always had a large group of people that followed Him and listened to Him teach and preach. He shared a lot of different parables in the Bible.
Luke 15:1-10
"Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receives sinners, and eateth with them.
 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
 And when he hath found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
And when he comes home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
And when she hath found it, she calls her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents."
As we live one day at a time and take pictures to help us remember the special events in our lives as well as some of the normal, mundane, repetitive events we should strive to live our lives in a way that if someone took a picture it would tell the story of redemption and love. We need to let Christ shine through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment