Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Rock

Sometimes words are not adequate...
Sometimes the thoughts and feelings that are in your heart can not be articulated.
All of the time scripture can stand alone when words fail.
Psalm 18:46
"The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!"

Sometimes situations are overwhelming and your soul seems to sink.
There is One who is stronger than me
Psalm 71:3
"Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress."

Psalm 18:2
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

I do not know what tomorrow will hold and today may seem dismal.

Matthew 6:34
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

You can go to the Rock that is stronger than we are.

Psalm 40:2
"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Do not fear or think that you are alone. God is always there. Let Him be your 
"Rock of Ages"
a hymn that was written in the 1700s by a man caught in a gorge during a storm and found a cleft in which to hide. Remember that the storm may rage around us-as long as we are here on earth there will always be a storm in someone's life. How we allow the storm to affect us will determine our testimony as we live one day at a time. We can hide in the Rock, God, and rest assured that He will protect us through the storm.
A rock is a mineral that is solid. The larger the rock the harder it is to move it.
Christ is the ultimate Rock. He cannot be moved. Rest in Him~




No comments:

Post a Comment