Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, August 20, 2012

Generations together

My mom and dad came into town to spend a few days with us and we have been enjoying our time together.
I love having them spend time with us and watching the interaction between my kids and my parents.
Sometimes when you put young adults with older people they don't have much in common and the conversations are stilted. My children have learned a lot from both sides of their grandparents. They have enjoyed sitting and listening to stories about their grandparent's youth and life growing up. My kids are both of the age that they realize how much wisdom their grandparents have and listen to their advice. They truly love both sets of their grandparents and genuinely enjoy spending time with them. I remember when I was little I always loved going to my grandparents' house. I loved eating at their house, playing with the toys they always kept at their house for us, and spending the night with them. One set of grandparents lived in another state and it was always fun to go and stay there for vacation. That is now how it is for my kids. One set of grandparents live pretty close and the other set is 1200 miles away. We treasure all the time together and the memories that are made. I am so thankful for the godly heritage that my parents have had and given to me to pass on to my children. It is wonderful to be able to go to church together and pray together as a family.
Family is important and this relationship is something to be thankful for and not take for granted.
I want to be sure that my children not only love their grandparents but that they always have respect for them and their age and wisdom. It is a blessing to have grandparents involved in your life.
Psalm 145:4
"One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts."

Proverbs 17:6
"Grandchildren are the crown of old men, And the glory of sons is their fathers."
Proverbs 16:31
"A gray head is a crown of glory; It is found in the way of righteousness."
I love my parents and am thankful for their testimony and involvement in my children's lives. As I continue to live one day at a time, I want to follow in their footsteps and have the same positive impact and testimony to my family in the generations to come, so that hopefully my family will speak of my life like Paul speaks of Timothy's mother and grandmother:
2 Timothy 1:5 
"I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well."






No comments:

Post a Comment