Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Breakfast of Champions


While my parents were visiting I was able to take a couple of vacation days to spend extra time with them and one morning they took me out to breakfast. We had some good food and of course I thoroughly enjoyed the company. Breakfast is a meal that is eaten at the beginning of your day. I can so remember my mom telling me that you should eat breakfast so that you can fuel your body to successfully get through your day. There was a cereal that advertised itself as the "breakfast of champions". It signified that if you ate that cereal you would be able to perform like the athlete that advertised for them.
As a Christian, we have to have "fuel" as well or we will  become weak and our enemy Satan will be able to trip us up. Our spiritual fuel is God's Word. We need to spend time in His Word-reading and meditating and memorizing it.
Psalm 119:11, 16
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word."

Psalm 119:103, 105
"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
I find that the more time I spend in God's Word, the more I realize that there is still so much to learn. I do believe that when I neglect my time with God, I am weaker. As we live one day at a time, we need spend time daily with God. Read His Word and live it out in your life. The Bible is still relevant to our lives today.  If you spend some time in His Word each morning you will have the fuel to successfully live for Christ, grow more like Him, and be a witness for him to those you come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment