Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'd Like to Teach the World a Song...

Some of us remember when Coke came out with a commercial that focused around the song "I'd Like to Teach the Word to Sing..."
It was a song sung originally in the 70s by a group called the New Seekers.
"I'd like to build a world a home
and furnish it with love.
Grow apple trees and honey bees
and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony.
I'd like to hold it in my arms,
and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
all standing hand in hand.
And hear them echo through the hills
for peace throughout the land.
It's the real thing
what the world wants today,
That's the way it'll stay
with the real thing.
I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony.
A song of peace that echoes on
and never goes away.
Put your hand in my hand
let's begin today,
With your hand in my hand
help me find a way.
I'd like to see the world for once
all standing hand in hand.
And hear them echo through the hills
for peace throughout the land.
I'd like to teach the world to sing,
in perfect harmony.
A song of peace that echos on,
and never goes away."
We do know that as Christians, this cannot happen here on earth until Christ comes back to reign on earth. It's funny how a soda pop commercial can put a jingle in your mind so that you are singing or humming it when you don't even think about it. We have to be careful what we put into our minds through our eyes and ears because it will come out of our mouths or on paper. God knows our thoughts already and we should strive to think pure thoughts and motives.
Psalm 139:23
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:"
But we must continue doing what God placed us here on earth to do one day at a time until He comes back. 
Matthew 5:14-16
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it gives light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
We are told in Romans 12:18-
"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." We can have harmony in our lives if we do what God wants us to do. And look forward to the day that Christ will come and reign and we will have complete harmony!
I think the song I would most like to teach the world to sing..."I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus." by Charles Weigle
"I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus,
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true.
I would tell you how
He changed my life completely;
He did something no other friend could do.
No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin
And darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me.
All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me;
All my heart was full of misery and woe,
Jesus placed His strong arms about me
And He led me in the way I ought to go.
No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin
And darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me.
Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance;
More and more I understand His word of love.
But I'll never know just why He came to save me,
Till someday I see His blessed face above.
No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin
And darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me."





No comments:

Post a Comment