Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Is the Line Open?

Ever try to call someone and the number you dial is no longer in service? That is so aggravating!  The next worse thing is to dial the number over and over only to get a busy signal. We loved seeing these working phone booths in London. You don't see very many public phone booths around anymore since everyone seems to have a cell phone available to them. Every house used to have a thick phone book- (it always made a great booster seat for your little ones!) Now, you can google just about anything and get a phone number or address.
I have an open line to the Lord 24/7 and I am so thankful! His number never changes and it never rings busy! I can go to Him at anytime with anything and He will hear me.
Psalm 116:2
"Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live."
The first prayer He hears is the sinner's prayer asking for forgiveness and repentance. I can then pray and talk to Him about anything and everything. The only time there is interference on the line is when there is unresolved sin in my life. God cannot tolerate sin. I need to be careful to always strive to keep sin out of my life so that my relationship with God will always be open. He will then be able to do great things in my life.
Jeremiah 33:3
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
What better way to start your day then talking with your Lord?
Psalm 5:3
"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."
As I live one day at a time, 
Psalm 55:17
"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice."
What a wonderful promise to claim!
God cares about every aspect and detail in your life. Take the time to share them with Him!
Matthew 21:22
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."




No comments:

Post a Comment