Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Life is Precious


Today my daughter and I were able to go and support our local pregnancy center by watching a new film that will come out on DVD in mid-September, October Baby.
I am on the board for North River Care Pregnancy Center and when I was interviewed one of the questions asked me was why did I want to be a part of this center? To me, life is sacred and it is a gift given by God.
You may make some bad choices in your life but if you are thinking about an abortion there is another choice. These centers are vital in the communities that they are in. After showing 20 girls their baby on the sonogram they all changed their minds about having an abortion-isn't that amazing??! North River gives them a place to come and feel safe and talk and learn and listen and not feel judged.
Most people are told that when a woman is pregnant it is just tissue, but I believe the Bible teaches that from the time of conception there is a baby there.
Psalm 139:13-16
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body."
Jeremiah 1:5  
 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
If you or someone you know has gone through an abortion you can have forgiveness and healing from God the Father, but if you are pregnant and contemplating what to do-talk to someone. Life is precious.
God can turn things around and make something beautiful out of our mistakes if we ask for forgiveness.
This film is about a girl who finds out she was adopted after her mother tried to abort her. It has a powerful message.
I believe that we all know some stories about someone who was going to be aborted and their mother changed her mind and now they are serving the Lord and living a great Christian testimony. Tim Tebow comes to mind as one who's story has come to light in the last couple of years. As we live one day at a time we all have choices to make and our choices will have consequences. Be in God's Word and talk to Him so that your choices will be influenced by how you are living your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment