Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our Occupations in Life

What do you do? What is your passion? What is your job? Yes,those last two questions have may different answers. Remember when you were little and you used to dream about what you wanted to be when you grew up? I love to watch little ones play-little girls that play "mommies" or teachers. Little boys that will play that they are policemen or firemen or soldiers. My desire and dream, from the time I was little, was that I always wanted to be a mom. God allowed me to fulfill my dream-I married a wonderful man and am now a mom to two beautiful children. But, sometimes we have to take on other jobs as well. I began watching other children in my home. It allowed me to stay at home while my kids were little. I then had the privilege to substitute teach in my kids' school. It allowed me to work the same hours they were in school and have my summers free. Now that my children are older and college is in the picture I have had to take on another job. God knew my desires and wishes. He provided me a position under a Christian boss. I have one day off a week most of the year, and I love what I do. God is good. God cares about our needs and wants and desires. There are many of us that just get up each morning, dread driving to work, punch the time clock, work the required 8 hours (not a minute longer), clock out, go home, and dread having to do it all over again tomorrow. If you are in that situation, take it to the Lord. He cares. He may open another door of opportunity for you in an area that you really enjoy, or He may keep you where you are and just help you change your heart attitude. If you are following Him and seeking His will, then He has you in your workplace for a reason. Use the opportunities He has given to you to shine the light to those around you.
I visited a family this weekend that took a jump and moved to a farm-milking 30 cows each day-selling the dairy products to the local area. This is their lively hood now. It is hard work but they feel that God has given them this opportunity and they seem to be adjusting to it.
As we live one day at a time. take the time to thank the Lord for the job you are in. Ask Him to help you be the best employee you can be-that should be the goal of every Christian. If you feel you are in a dead end job, take it to the Lord. He can open other doors for you. You may find contentment where you are or a new dream job.
"Cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." I Peter 5:7
Jersey Acres Farm


Pictures of their process-cooler for milk and the milkers and jugs




Calves born in the last few weeks-months.


Colossians 3:23-24
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment