Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nostalglia

Today we were on our way home from lunch and we saw this van.
So you remember this original show? I used to watch it when I was a child and it has come back around for another generation. The Scooby Doo Show. The whole gang would ride in the mystery van in each episode and they were always solving mysteries. Technology has changed and a lot of t.v. shows and movies that aired 30 years ago look so cheesy now. But I used to enjoy them. We were just talking with my parents about a channel that has been airing "old" series like Adam 12, Emergency, and Bonanza. I miss those "good old days". The shows were clean and they had a moral thread through them. As times goes by, our society has changed and morality does not mean what is once was. Our country does not look to God anymore as we once did in our founding days. I miss a lot of those "old days"-it wasn't so bad when everyone went to church on Sunday and most stores were closed. Schools used to not only pledge to the flag but prayer used to be in school and the Bible was once used for learning. Things won't change unless people change and people won't change from the outside in. It involves a heart change first.
I have been studying the Israelites in my devotions and it was so sad how God chose them as His people and led them out of Egypt, telling them to worship only Him, only to have to save them from themselves time and time again. It was simple. He told them that if they worshiped Him them then He would take care of them.
2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
We are humans all born as sinners. To me, the good old days will be the day that I received Christ as my Savior. It will be the days spent with other believers worshiping in church-singing songs of worship and praise. It will also be the days that I can remember my children receiving Christ as their personal Savior as well. We can be nostalgic about days gone by and remember them fondly but I also would not want to be guilty to live so in the past that I would forget to witness to those I come in contact with as I live one day at a time right now, waiting for Christ to return.


No comments:

Post a Comment