Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, August 9, 2012

When's there's nothing you can do...


As a mom I want to be able to be there for my children-be able to help them, nurture them, and love them.
I have been blessed that I was able to stay at home while they were young. The Lord provided work for me at home and then I was able to substitute teach at their school so that I was involved in their lives.
The part of being a mom that is hard is when you have to discipline them (who likes to do that???) and when they are sick.
When they are sick you can only do so much. You are there to cool down their foreheads with wet cloths, help them sip soda after an upset tummy, and be there to comfort them when they wake up disoriented. But you cannot help them feel better. Their little pitiful voices when they say they are so hot, or their stomach hurts, or they ache all over. I would take their sickness for them if I could.
I am thankful that for the most part, sickness only lasts one-two days, and then they normally start to feel back to their normal self.
This is one big difference between myself as a parent and God. I can only do so much for my kids.
God is able to do ALL. He can take away the worst sickness-both physical and spiritual-
Matthew 9:35
"And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people."

He can save us from our sins. 
Matthew 1:21
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
I thank the Lord that even though we live one day at a time and as a parent we may make mistakes, and we can't always take away the hurts or sicknesses from our children, we can point our children to the One who can make the biggest difference in their lives and help them live their lives for Him.
I have had the privilege of leading both of my children to the Lord. It is a special and humbling moment. 
Being able to explain the gospel and have them accept Christ as their personal Savior is better than anything else you can imagine as you raise your children. But you never stop caring, sharing, or loving your children. They will always be your "little ones" in your heart. This is what I pray for them as they continue to grow into wonderful adults.
3 John 4
 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."


No comments:

Post a Comment