Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

...You're a Winner!

Isn't it so much fun when you get a call or a letter that says, "you're a winner!" ? 
I love to enter contests and I have won a few. Today I was the first to answer a trivia question and I won four cupcakes from a local bakery. I picked them up and we enjoyed them for dessert after dinner tonight-they were amazing!! I think they tasted even better because I won them!!
I started thinking about the phrase...being a winner. If you have accepted Christ as your personal Savior, you are a true winner. Sin and Satan have been conquered. The Bible  talks about how our Christian walk is a race. We all run for the prize.
Philippians 3:14
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

As we live one day at a time, it should be lived with the finish line in mind and the purpose and goal worked out. It won't be easy but it will be worth it.
Philippians 3:8
"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ."
You know what? You may never win a race or photography or cooking contest, but you can be a winner in God's eyes. Accept Him as your Savior and strive to live your life with Him as the center of your life. Be a testimony for Him to those around you and shine the light so that others can also be winners in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment