Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

National Boss Day

I think that if we took the time to research a little bit we would find that there is probably something being celebrated every single day of the year. Today according to the calendar is National Boss Day. (Only I wasn't paying attention until AFTER work) so my honoring of my boss will be one day late.

I've seen a lot of posters and notes made up to celebrate different occasions and I couldn't let this day go by without making one myself. I don't know about your job situation but I'm sure that a lot of you have a wonderful boss that you work for at your place of employment. As we live our lives one day at a time, some of us change job situations a few different time and may work under multiple bosses. But, although you may have changed bosses in your work life, you have the opportunity to have the same "boss" remain throughout your entire life. Before salvation, you may feel that "you" have control of your life and that you are your own boss-how did that work out for you? I have to say that I am so thankful that at a young age I accepted Christ as my Savior and that He is my Lord. When I choose to do something in my own power or maybe go in my own direction without seeking the Lord's will for my life I find that many times it is a major disappointment.  My desire is to let the Holy Spirit control my life and help me not only be the best testimony for Christ but display godly character qualities.
Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."
We know that we can't have two masters or "bosses" at the same time. We are told in Matthew 6:24-
"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other."
Are you willing to relinquish yourself in first place so that God can take the top priority? It is an ongoing process and means that we will need to learn how to be humble and how to deny ourselves. But the result will be so worthwhile when your life produces fruit that is Christlike and points other to Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment