Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Know it All!!

When you are young, you think you are invincible and know it all! As you mature, hopefully you have come to the correct conclusion that you don't know it all. I don't like the saying, "you can't teach a old dog new tricks", because I hope that even as I grow older I am open to constructive criticism and helpful, loving hints on how to improve and grow wiser as I grow older. I don't want to be considered so bent and unwilling to listen that I may lose a blessing that God had prepared for me. God allows certain people to come into our lives to mentor us or walk along side and encourage us and we can learn a lot if we are willing.
Titus 2:3-5
" the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed."
 I am always reading a few books at a time. I love fiction and am always reading at least one of those, but they are fiction-although they may have great story lines and they allow me to "live in their world" and they may even have some great truths in them. I enjoy reading other good books as well, devotional books, good Christian non-fiction topical books, but the best one to be reading is God's Word-the Bible. It is the most relevant to my life and is all true-no fiction involved at all within it's covers. It's got everything covered-science, history, love stories, murders, happy endings, and so much more. There are guidelines that you can live by and work ethics that will help you prosper. It is so amazing to know that God is The One who definitely knows it all! He always has and He always will and yet He loved me enough to send His Son so that I can receive salvation and one day be with Him.
As we live one day at a time, we should be willing to listen and open for what God has for us to learn. 
One day I will be able to say 'I know it all', but until then I am going to enjoy learning as much as I can and serving the Lord joyfully with all of my being-sharing with all of those around me-will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment