Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Dozen Reasons To Be Thankful on the 12th Day of the Month

We are almost halfway through the month of November-the Season of Thanksgiving. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18
" In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
I have so much for which to be thankful and as I live one day at a time I find that it isn't difficult to come up with 12 for the first 12 days of the month so far.
I am thankful firstly for my salvation. God is a gracious God in showing His mercy and grace and extending His free gift of salvation to me.

I am thankful for my parents and the godly heritage they gave me-for their testimony and wonderful example of love for the last 46 years as well as the faithfulness to our local church and teaching us God's Word in our home and sending me to a Christian School.
Proverbs 1:8-9 
 "Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck."
Deuteronomy 11:19 
 "You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

I am thankful for my husband and his love and faithfulness to me for the past 22 years-for what a wonderful father he is to our children and great provider for our family.
Proverbs 20:6-7
"Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?  The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him."


I am thankful for my two children God blessed me with and the wonderful young adults they are growing up to be and how they have been involved in our local church in different ministries even at a young age.
3 John 4
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

I am thankful for a Bible believing conservative local church that preaches God Word as well as supports missions and has a real "family feel" congregation as we fellowship and worship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

I am thankful for a beautiful home in a wonderful neighborhood with great neighbors where we can take the opportunity to witness with those around us. God is good and gave us a home that we can use as a ministry.

I am thankful for my health. I take it for granted a lot of times. I wake up each morning with very few aches and pains.

I am thankful for providing a job for both me and my husband that not only pays the bills but covers our extras. He gave us jobs close to our home. He gave me a position that I love with a Christian boss.

I am thankful for the beautiful world that God created for us to live in and enjoy. He created such a wonderful variety including the animals and nature.

Genesis 1:31
"Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day."

I am thankful for the gift of song. 
Psalms 66:4
  "All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.” Selah
Psalms 150 
"Praise the LORD! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!"

I am thankful for prayer. Knowing that I can talk to God whenever and wherever about everything.
Colossians 4:2
 "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;"
1 Thessalonians 5:17
 "Pray without ceasing."

I am also thankful for friends. Thankful for those that are there for me in the good times as well as the bad.
John 15:12-15
 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

Are you thankful?




No comments:

Post a Comment