Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, November 26, 2012

Murphy's Law

If I believed in certain adages then today would have been one of those days. Murphy's Law states that whatever can go wrong will do wrong.
I got home late last night from a nice long weekend away celebrating as a family with our daughter at college. I chose to take a vacation day today so that I could decorate the house for Christmas and relax and enjoy the day.
Well, my son ended up staying home because his jaw was swollen and sore. I called the doctor, twice, and finally got him in around 3:30 p.m. and found out he has an infection under the skin in the socket. We went home with a prescription for antibiotics and being told that if it doesn't go down by Wednesday then we will have to go back in to have it treated.
I couldn't put up the tree because the boxes were too high up in storage so I did all of the other decorating. But even when I got it done it just doesn't feel the same and I don't know why.
I had to catch up on laundry. I saved the white load for last. When we got the dress shirts out of the dryer we found two big black marks where it got caught in the dryer-ugh! I got most of it out by scrubbing it with oxi-clean. 
I had to go get groceries and had a tight budget to stick too-only went over 19 cents! But the cashier put my cold meat under my hot prepared rotisserie chicken-unbelievable-it would have been cooked by the time I got home if I hadn't repacked.
I had to go to a board meeting so while I was gone my husband put the tree up-yay!! But, putting the tree up was as far as it got. My husband threw the lights away last year and thinks that he bought new ones. I didn't remember any but then again sometimes I can't remember what I had to lunch yesterday. Well, we didn't buy  any other lights so the tree is standing in the corner...dark.
But, it's alright. I mean, it does bother me a little (I like everything to run smoothly on schedule) but I am learning that as I live one day at a time sometimes you have to learn to roll with the punches. My tree isn't completed yet but it will be by the end of this week.  The rest of the house is done. Groceries are bought for the week. Laundry is done (for at least the afternoon anyways). J.W. is on an antibiotic. Dinner is over and the meeting is done. (I even got my new knobs on my bathroom cabinets!) I do have to go back to work tomorrow but today was a great day to be at home, enjoying my home and spending time with my son & our little dog. I enjoyed today, as it went along, glitches and all. 
Matthew 6:34
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.“ 



No comments:

Post a Comment