Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Do You See a Theme Here?

Once a year I participate in a fun Christmas lunch. Ten years ago two friends saw the idea of a themed lunch in a magazine and thought it would be a fun opportunity to share with friends. They each picked six friends and once a year they pick a theme and invite them to one of the girls' home for lunch. You take the theme and decorate your lunch however you want and bring it. We pick numbers and then we each get to enjoy some one else's lunch. This year it was candy. The picture above is the lunch I designed. I drew on the peppermint theme with my place mat, napkin ring, candle, mug, dessert plate, salt-n-pepper shakers and ornament. Sometimes we pick a color and a Christmas song. It's fun to look for items throughout the year  that helps complete your lunch decorations and it's fun to see how the other girls interpret the same theme.
If you have read many of my posts you may see a theme. One, I have talked about living life one day at a time. God gave us life and put us here on earth. I don't believe He wants us to waste our time here on earth. We should not be living for ourselves. Our purpose is to worship and glorify God and live for Him, sharing His Good News with everyone. How can we keep such wonderful news to ourselves? 
Philippians 1:21
" For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
Mark 16:15
" And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."
Exodus 15:2
"The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; my father's God, and I will extol Him ..."
I hope that you have heard the Good News and accepted the gift of salvation so that your life can reflect the theme of praising God and in turn telling others.

No comments:

Post a Comment