Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

While Sugar Plums Dance in their Heads

I love the story "Twas the Night Before Christmas". There have been a lot of twists and versions of that poem. One of the lines in the original version is of the children and how they are snug in their beds with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Do you ever dream about food?  I'm not sure I have but I have to admit that I do love food-but that's another topic and another blog!
Today I was invited to a Christmas Tea where if I had been dreaming the truffles and scones and trifle would have been dancing in my head. They were each delicious and yummy and it was nice sitting and talking with girls.
Have you ever brewed a pot of coffee or made a pitcher of sweet tea and shared a pan of brownies or some scones with girlfriends? Do we ever take the time out of our busy schedule to actually sit and talk and listen. Most of the time we are living one day at a time in warp speed. Do you take the time to sit and really get to know someone? Or maybe you know someone but you don't know what is going on in their life right now...
I don't believe that we have much time left before Christ returns for us, His church. In the time that has been given to us we should be good stewards of what God has given us. We all have gifts or talents. I love to have people over and I love to talk and I enjoy cooking and decorating-I may have the gift of hospitality :)
I need to use it!!
1 Peter 4:10
"As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."
Think about what you enjoy doing or what gifts or talents God has given you-use them to the best of your ability. Never under-estimate how God may use you in the life of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment