Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Profit or loss?

Funny how God brings certain verses to your mind and then uses it again in another circumstance.
A few days ago, maybe a week (time goes by so quickly now so who knows), Mark 8:36 suddenly popped into my mind: For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
This verse first came to my mind when I was driving down a street in a newer neighborhood and saw a HUGE home with an expensive little sports car parked in front. Don't get me wrong-there is nothing wrong with a beautiful home (or even a castle) or a nice car but it that what life is all about for you? If so, you have missed the mark. Pastor used the verse this morning in his sermon and made me think about it again. It made me stop and think about my priorities and sure that what I am doing and why I'm doing it have the right motives! I'm so thankful for a church and pastor that preaches the Bible as God's Word and is complete and all we need to live our life One Day at a Time.
 (Pastor Andy and Amy Goad)



1 comment:

  1. While enjoying "Celebrating You" last night at Pastor and Amy's home - the point was made (by Pastor's SWEET Mom) about Pastor being a people person! LoL, for those who know him, that is an understatement! BUT in all seriousness - I don't want to gloss over that fact! These 2 people are worth more than a castle, sports car, or all the gold in Fort Knox! Our Church is doubly-blessed with TWO people persons! Many churches will never know the blessing of just ONE "people-person" staff member - but at Evangel, we are so blessed! It's NOT the norm in most places! Thanks Lori, for highlighting them! They deserve so much! <3

    ReplyDelete