Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Three Fun F's: Food, Fun, and Friends

I hosted a Pampered Chef show tonight for Missie and it's always a Fun Night for me!
I wasn't sure how many girlfriends were going to actually come but the party peaked out with 11 of us and it was a blast! We cooked up a recipe of Mexican Chicken Napoleons with a fruit salsa (pineapple, kiwi, jalapeno pepper and lime juice) and fresh salsa and chips...Oh, and heart shaped brownies!!
Three girls had never been to a Pampered Chef show so it was nice to share with them what I really enjoyed using in my kitchen. An old friend was back in town and it was nice to spend a little time with her. Everyone enjoyed the food and then, like a whirlwind, by 9pm-everyone was gone!!!  Today was a stressful day for me-I was sooooooooo busy at work and I had to leave early to sit for 2 hours in the walk-in clinic for JW to have his arm x-rayed. Thankfully it is NOT broken but then I ran home to cook dinner and be ready for the party. But you know what? It all turned out fine and it reminded me...As I take One day at a Time...I need to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment