Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, February 19, 2012

What is in a Word~

According to the dictionary, one definition of WORD is:a written or printed character or combination of characters representing a spoken word.
We use words all of the time. We speak thousands of them in a day. One article stated that women speak around 20,000 words a day versus 7,000 for men. I know that I keep my average up! :)
I read a lot of words each day including from my Bible, the computer, my kindle, and on the TV.
Reading or speaking, Words are part of our lives. I love words-they can leave quite an impression on us. I love having words in print around the house to remind us of different things.
This display was at a store I went to yesterday. I love buying these for gifts to give someone.

These 2 statements hang in my living room where I see them on a daily basis. They are 2 very true statements.

This is a verse I made on my cricut and put on the wall over my piano. I love to sing and I love how many different verses have been put to music and can be sung.  I love the truth in this verse.

Dinnertime has always been family time. I now have this statement above our table area and it is so true. Many conversations have taken place over dinner, one day at a time, some sad and serious but lots more that are happy with lots of laughter. Conversations that consist of many...words. 
So, stop and give someone a call to give a word of encouragement or take a moment to write a note to someone, letting them know that you care! It's all in a word!

No comments:

Post a Comment