Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friends in Life

Friends are needed for both joy and sorrows~Samuel Paterson
Friendships double our joys and divides our griefs~Swedish Proverb

Distance now separates all three of us and we don't see each other as often as we would like, but we have remained friends one day at a time and today we were able to be together again for Liz as we celebrated the life of her dad, who went home to heaven this past Wednesday. We saw pictures of him throughout his life and many of them were with family and friends. We heard how he loved Jesus and loved his family and had many friends. He was a wonderful example of Christ to those around him and loved to share Christ with everyone he came in contact with. It is a reminder about how life is but a vapor and only what we have done for Christ will last. It makes me think about my life and how I want others to remember me-one who loved God and loved my family and was a good friend to others.  I read an anonymous proverb that said count your age in friends and not in years. I like that! I am thankful for all of those who count me their friend and those that I can call a friend. God has blessed me with many and my prayer is that I will take that seriously and continue to be the type of friend that would be pleasing to God and a blessing to others. If you count me your friend-thank you and to those I consider a friend-I love you and am thankful for you!
Proverbs 18:24  
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."




1 comment: