Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stop and smell the Roses~

Do you really look at things around you or are you in so much of a hurry to that don't remember the drive to work? At my job there is a busy season and we are in the middle of it. It made me really think about how quickly the days go by and I have purposefully made myself look around and see what it going on. Of course I still pay attention to the road but I look at the buildings to see what businesses are still there. I love looking at all the wildlife that I can see along the road to my house-turtles, anhingas, the occasional alligators, and especially the sand hill cranes and their babies. I love to see the sunrise in the morning on my way to work and the sunset in the evening over our lake. God is amazing and used such a wide palette when he painted what is known to us at our world.
I love looking at all of the different types of trees we have. This is just a snap shot of the sunset tonight as we came home from church.
This was from the street in front of our house on another evening. 
Psalm 19:1
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."
Don't let the busyness of life make you miss on the beauty that God has given us. Take a minute to stop and smell the roses...or watch a sunset...or dip your toes in the ocean...or watch the rain fall and water the grass, one day at a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment